Zorica Bulat, PhD
Position: Full Profesor
Organizational unit: Department of Toxicology "Akademik Danilo Soldatović"
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 113951 251
Fax: +381 11 3972 840
Zorica Bulat (born Plamenac) graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade with an average grade of 9.14. Since 1992, she has been working at the Institute of Toxicological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. She received her master's degree in 1997 and her doctorate in 2009, completed a specialization in Toxicological Chemistry in 2000 and the academic specialization in Toxicological Risk Assessment in 2015.
She participates in theoretical and practical teaching of toxicology within the integrated academic studies and postgraduate doctoral and specialist studies at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade. She is the head of the specialization in Toxicological Chemistry.
She has participated in several national and bilateral projects of the Ministry of science of the Republic of Serbia. She is currently engaged in the project DecodExpo within the scientific national program PROMIS, in the international project ACIMod (Republic of Serbia and the Republic of China), EU COST action CA20121, and in the national project of Montenegro, as a coordinator from the Serbian side.
Prof. Zorica Bulat has published the 51 papers in the papers from the SCI list and over 250 papers and announcements.
Research interests of Prof. Zorica Bulat include metal toxicology, POPs and pesticides, mechanistic toxicology, possibility of using bioelements in therapy and prophylaxis of heavy metal poisoning, toxicological risk assessment, mixture toxicity, and biomonitoring.
Prof. Zorica Bulat is the member of several commissions at the faculty, and she is a head of the Commission for the knowledge retention test. Also, she is engaged in the Ministry of Health, in the Ministry of Environment, in Agency for drugs and medical devices etc.
Prof. Zorica Bulat is the President of the Section for Toxicological Chemistry of the Pharmaceutical Associations of Serbia, Bord member of the Serbian Society of Toxicology and the member of several international associations of toxicologists (EUROTOX, IUTOX, TIAFT).
- Anđelković M, Djordjevic AB, Miljaković EA, Javorac D, Čolaković N, Oprić S, Petričević S, Granić M, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Antonijević B, Bulat Z. Cadmium tissue level in women diagnosed with breast cancer - A case control study. Environ Res. 2021 Aug;199:111300. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2021.111300.
- Javorac D, Antonijević B, Anđelković M, Repić A, Bulat P, Buha Djordjević A, Baralić K, Đukić-Ćosić D, Antonić T, Bulat Z. Oxidative stress, metallomics and blood toxicity after subacute low-level lead exposure in Wistar rats: Benchmark dose analyses. Environmental Pollution 2021;291. doi: 10.1016/j.envpol.2021.118103
- Buha Djordjevic A, Andjelkovic M, Javorac D, Manic L, Bulat Z, Talab Y, Panieri E, Saso L, Wallace D. The Role of ROS in Chemical Carcinogenesis Induced by Lead, Nickel, and Chromium. In: Chakraborti S., Ray B.K., Roychowdhury S. Eds: Handbook of Oxidative Stress in Cancer: Mechanistic Aspects. Springer, Singapore Pte Ltd. 2021.
- Baralić K, Živančević K, Javorac D, Buha Djordjevic A, Anđelković M, Jorgovanović D, Antonijević Miljaković E, Ćurčić M, Bulat Z, Antonijević B, Đukić-Ćosić D. Multi-strain probiotic ameliorated toxic effects of phthalates and bisphenol A mixture in Wistar rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2020 Sep;143:111540. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2020.111540.
- Repić A, Bulat P, Antonijević B, Antunović M, Džudović J, Buha A, Bulat Z. The Influence of Smoking Habits on Cadmium and Lead Blood Levels in the Serbian Adult People. Environ Sci Poll Res 2019 DOI: 10.1007/s11356-019-06840-1
- Djordjevic VR, Wallace DR, Schweitzer A, Boricic N, Knezevic D, Matic S, Grubor N, Kerkez M, Radenkovic D, Bulat Z, Antonijevic B, Matovic V, Buha A. Environmental cadmium exposure and pancreatic cancer: Evidence from case control, animal and in vitro studies. Environ Int 2019; 128:353-361. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2019.04.048.
- Mandić-Rajčević S, Bulat Z, Matović V, Popević M, Lepić M, Mandić B, Jovanović M, Haufroid V, Žarković M, Bulat P. Environmental and take-home lead exposure in children living in the vicinity of a lead battery smelter in Serbia. Environ Res 2018; 167:725–734. doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2018.08.031
- Matović V, Buha A, Ðukić-Ćosić D, Bulat Z. Insight into the oxidative stress induced by lead and/or cadmium in blood, liver and kidneys. Food Chem Toxicol 2015; 78:130-40. DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2015.02.011
- Matović V, Buha A, Bulat Z, Đukić-Ćosić D. Cadmium toxicity revisited: focus on oxidative stress induction and interactions with zinc and magnesium. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2011; 62: 65-76.
- Plamenac Bulat Z, Đukić-Ćosić D, Đokić M, Bulat P, Matović V. Blood and urine cadmium and bioelements profile in nickel-cadmium battery workers in Serbia. Toxicol Ind Health 2009; 25(2): 129-35.