Leontina Kerničan, PhD
Position: Foreign language teacher
Organizational unit: Department of social pharmacy and pharmaceutical legislation
Room: Centre for development of pharmacy practice
Phone: +381 11 3951 385
Fax: +381 11 3972 840
Leontina Kernican was born in Belgrade, where she has lived and worked since birth.
She has been working as an ESP teacher at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, since December 2003, and she is currently engaged in the following subjects:
- Foreign language for pharmacists – the English language;
- Foreign language for medical biochemists – the English language;
- Foreign language for academic and professional purposes – the English language.
As part of her extracurricular activities, she has been participating in the realization of some teaching publishing projects of the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, as a proofreader and translator, and internationally as a reviewer of a philological professional journal for teaching the English language.
In addition, she has worked for many years as a translator and proofreader of publications in other fields.
Research interest: English for specific purposes (ESP), linguistics
- Kerničan L. Mićić S. (2008) Analiza nepravilnosti u pisanju stručnih radova na engleskom, Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, vol. 3-4: 206-210
- Kerničan L. (2009) Reflectiveness in Developing English Pharmaceutical Terminology. Zbornik radova sa 3. Kongresa primenjene lingvistike, 31. oktobar – 1. novembar, Novi Sad
- Кеrničan L. Đorđević M. Antić Z. (2018) The Survey Research on Terminology Used by the Pharmacists at the Faculties of Pharmacy in Serbia, The Journal of the Slovene Association of LSP Teachers – Inter Alia 4, Rimske Terme, Slovenija
- Кеrničan L. Đorđević M. Antić Z. (2017) Understanding and Acquisition of Modern Pharmaceutical Terminology at the Studies of Pharmacy in Serbia - Survey Research, ELTA Journal (5): 56-76
- Kerničan L. Stojković N. (2020) Pragmatic Aspects of Academic Writing in Health Care, Journal of Teaching English for Specific and Academic Purposes, University of Niš (2): 8: 61-69
- Kerničan L. (2021) The ethical aspects of educative videos in training communication skills of health care practitioners, zbornik radova sa 19th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Communication, Medicine, and Ethics 28-30 June 2021, University of Insubria, Como, Italy