Mirjana Đukić, PhD
Position: Full Profesor
Organizational unit: Department of Toxicology "Akademik Danilo Soldatović"
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 113951 308
Fax: +381 11 3972 840
Scientific ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0177-1205; SCOPUS ID: 36960096000; Researcher ID (Web of Science): N-2645-2016; Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=TVwptYsAAAAJ&hl=en.
Teaching ID: http://www.pharmacy.bg.ac.rs/o-fakultetu/redovni-profesori/150/dr-sc-mirjana-%C4%91uki%C4%87/
Mirjana Djukic has been employed at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade (FF-UBG), since December 1, 1988. She acquired the PhD in pharmacy-toxicology on January 29, 2002, and the titles of full professor in 2012, and Pharmacy specialist for biological drugs in 2017. At the Center for Free Radical and Antioxidant Health EOH, University of Pittsburgh, USA, with prominent PhD scientist Valerian E. Kagan, she was twice, as a postdoctoral fallow (2002-3) and a research associate (2010-11). She worked as a professor of toxicology at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tuzla (2007-17) and the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacy for toxicology, University of Nis (MF-UN) (2017-19).
Research interests include free radicals, antioxidants, drug abuse/alcoholism and therapy, and analytical toxicology. She has 208 scientific publications, including two monogrphas on oxidative stress, ISBN:978-86-7804-155-6 and ISBN:978-86-7804-156-3; 64 original articles; 146 conference papers; 12 times as an invited lecturer at international/domestic conferences. She has been a member of 8 foreign projects (granted by: NIH, USA) and seven domestic ones, of which three currently occur::41018III (granted by MPNTR) and two ones granted by IMI-MMA.
Apart from being engaged in teaching activities at integrated and doctoral pharmacy studies, she introduced two elective courses (2008): "Free Radicals and Antioxidants-Laboratory Diagnostics" and "Drug Abuse". She was a mentor/member of numerous committees of final thesis on various study programs levels and a mentor of 3 defended and one undefended doctoral dissertation. In addition, she organized two continuing education courses on oxidative stress (2005). He is the co-author of 4 student laboratory handbooks (ISBN:86-80263-37-0 and ISBN:86-80263-38-9 in 2005, ISBN:978-86-80263-65-6 in 2009, and ISBN:978-86-6265-083-2 in 2021. In addition, she reviewed two student textbooks, ISBN:978-9958-894-67-1 (2017) and ISBN:978 -86-17-19066-6 (2015). Finally, she was a National Medical Encyclopedia Editorial board member, ISBN: 86-447-489-03 (2006).
She was the first Editor and founder of the FF-UBG website (2008-11), a member of the FF-UBG Council (2007-10), and founder of the Center for the Prevention of Addictive Behavior at FF-UBG since 2020. In addition, she has been a member of EUROTOX since 1999. She is a member of the "Commission for the Control of Procedures for the Destruction of the Precursors of the Government RS "(2020).
- Kanjevac, Tatjana, Ervin Taso, Vladimir Stefanovic, Aleksandra Petkovic-Curcin, Gordana Supic, Dejan Markovic, Mirjana Djukic, Danilo Vojvodic, Anton Sculean, and Mia Rakic. "Estimating the effects of dental caries and its restorative treatment on periodontal inflammatory and oxidative status: A short controlled longitudinal study." Frontiers in Immunology. 2021; 3587. (M21; IF 7.624).
- Stevanovic, Ivana, Milica Ninkovic, Bojana Mancic, Marija Milivojevic, Ivana Stojanovic, Tihomir Ilic, Maja Vujovic, and Mirjana Djukic. "Compensatory Neuroprotective Response of Thioredoxin Reductase against Oxidative-Nitrosative Stress Induced by Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis in Rats: Modulation by Theta Burst Stimulation. Molecules. 2020; 25 (17): 3922. (M22; IF: 4,412)
- Taso, Ervin, Vladimir Stefanovic, Ivana Stevanovic, Danilo Vojvodic, Aleksandra Petkovic-Curcin, Kosovka Obradovic-Djuricic, Aleksa Markovic, Mirjana Djukic, and Dragana Vujanovic. "Influence of dental restorations on oxidative stress in gingival crevicular fluid." Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity.2018. (M21; IF 4.44)
- Djukic, Mirjana, Mara Fesatidou, Iakovos Xenikakis, Athina Geronikaki, Violina T. Angelova, Vladimir Savic, Marta Pasic et al. "In vitro antioxidant activity of thiazolidinone derivatives of 1, 3-thiazole and 1, 3, 4-thiadiazole." Chemico-biological interactions. 2018; 286: 119-131. (M21; IF 4.593)
- Djuric A, Begic A, Gobeljic B, Pantelic A, Zebic G, Stevanovic I, Djurdjevic D, Ninkovic M, Prokic V, Stanojevic I, Vojvodic D, Djukic M. "Subacute alcohol and/or disulfiram intake affects bioelements and redox status in rat testes."Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2017; 105: 44-51. (M21; IF 3.778)
- Begic A, Djuric A, Ninkovic M, Stevanovic I, Djurdjevic D, Pavlovic M, Jelic K, Pantelic A, Zebic G, --Dejanovic B, Stanojevic I, Vojvodic D, Milosavljevic P, Djukic M, Luciano S. Disulfiram moderately restores impaired hepatic redox status of rats subchronically exposed to cadmium. Journal of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry. 2017; 32 (1): 478-89. (M21; IF 4.293)
- Angelova, V. T., Valcheva, V., Vassilev, N. G., Buyukliev, R., Momekov, G., Dimitrov, I., Saso L., Djukic M., Shivachev, B. Antimycobacterial activity of novel hydrazide-hydrazone derivatives with 2H-chromene and coumarin scaffold. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters. 2017; 27 (2): 223-227. (M22; IF: 2.930)
- Ana Djuric, Aida Begic, Borko Gobeljic, Milica Ninkovic, Ivan Stanojevic, Danilo Vojvodic, Ana Pantelic, Goran Zebic, Vera Prokic, Bratislav Dejanovic, Ivana Stojanovic, Marina Pavlica, Dusan Djukic, Luciano Saso, Dragan Djurdjevic, Milos Pavlovic, Aleksandra Topic, Dragana Vujanovic, Ivana Stevnovic, Mirjana Djukic. Oxidative stress, bioelements and androgen status in testes of rats subacutely exposed to cadmium. Food and Chemical Toxicology 2015; 86: 25–33. (M21; IF 3.584)
- Stanojevic I, Miller K, Kandolf-Sekulovic L, Mijuskovic Z, Zolotarevski L, Jovic M, Gacevic M, Djukic M, Arsenijevic N, Vojvodic D. A subpopulation that may correspond to granulocytic myeloid-derived suppressor cells reflects the clinical stage and progression of cutaneous melanoma. International immunology. 2015; 28 (2): 87-97. (M22; IF 3.748)
- Naveena Yanamala, Alexander A Kapralov, Mirjana Djukic, Jim Peterson, Gaowei Mao, Judith Klein-Seetharaman, Detcho A Stoyanovsky, Jan Stursa, Jiri Neuzil, Valerian E Kagan. Structural re-arrangement and peroxidase activation of cytochrome c by anionic analogues of vitamin E: tocopherol-succinate and tocopherol-phosphate. J. Biol. Chem. 2014; 289 (47): 32488-98. (M21; IF 4.573)