Lada Živković, PhD
Position: Full professor
Organizational unit: Department of physiology
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-349
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Lada Živković, graduated from the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Biology (Molecular Biology and Physiology), in 1996. She completed her Master’s thesis in 2004 and Doctoral thesis in 2010 at the Faculty of Biology.
Dr. Lada Živković is involved in the realization of courses on Integrated academic studies (Study program Pharmacy and Study program Pharmacy - Medical Biochemistry), Specialist academic studies (Biological medicines), and Doctoral academic studies.
Dr. Živković research interest is genome insanity of Alzheimer disease that was a focus of the project “Aberrations of the cell cycle and influence of the oxidative stress on neurodegenerative processes and malignant transformation of the cell” funded by the Serbian Ministry for Science and Education OI 173034. Also, areas of her focus are genotoxicology and antigenotoxic potential of natural products and nanomaterials. Among other, that type of investigations was conducted under her supervision of the Scientific project bilateral cooperation between Serbia and Slovenia “Anti-atherosclerotic effects of dry olive life extract” and the Serbian Innovation Fund grants an Innovation voucher “Evaluation of the antigenotoxic activity of Biodihydroquercetin (Taxifolin) in the presence of hydrogen peroxide on human peripheral lymphocytes in vitro”. Lada participated in COST actions CA15132 (MC substitute), CA17140, CA16203 (MC substitute).
In 2014 she was a Fulbright Fellow on the project "Examination of the effects of imaging with X-ray PC on engineered tissue function and health” in the laboratory of Professor Eric Brey for Vascularization and Biomedical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, Illinois, USA. In 2017 she spent two weeks in the laboratory of Professor Andrew Collins, Department of Nutrition, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway, working on the project “Comet-FISH on peripheral blood lymphocytes in sporadic Alzheimer’s disease patients”.
The research work of dr. Živković includes 56 scientific papers in international peer-reviewed journals (with impact factors), and four chapters in leading international books.
- Zivkovic L, Bajic V, Topalovic D, Bruic M, Spremo-Potparevic B. Antigenotoxic Effects of Biochaga and Dihydroquercetin (Taxifolin) on H2O2-Induced DNA Damage in Human Whole Blood Cells. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, (2019), vol. 2019
- Zivkovic L, Bajic V, Dekanski D, Cabarkapa-Pirkovic A, Giampieri F, Gasparrini M, Mazzoni L, Spremo-Potparevic B. Manuka honey attenuates oxidative damage induced by H2O2 in human whole blood in vitro. Food and Chemical Toxicology, (2018), vol. 119 br. , str. 61-65
- Zivkovic L, Borozan S, Cabarkapa A, Topalovic D, Ciptasari U, Bajic V, Spremo-Potparevic B. Antigenotoxic Properties of Agaricus blazei against Hydrogen Peroxide in Human Peripheral Blood Cells. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, (2017), vol. 2017
- Zivkovic L, Akar B, Roux B, Spremo-Potparevic B, Bajic V, Brey E. Investigation of DNA damage in cells exposed to poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, (2017), vol. 105 br. 1, str. 284-291
- Gandhi JK, Zivkovic L, Fisher JP, Yoder MC, Brey EM. Enhanced Viability of Endothelial Colony Forming Cells in Fibrin Microbeads for Sensor Vascularization.Sensors (Basel). 2015;18;15(9):23886-902
- Spremo-Potparevic B, Bajic V, Perry G, Zivkovic L. Alterations of the X Chromosome in Lymphocytes of Alzheimer’s Disease Patients. Current Alzheimer Research, 2015;12(10):990-6
- Zivković L, Spremo-Potparević B, Siedlak SL, Perry G, Plećaš-Solarović B, Milićević Z, Bajić VP. DNA Damage in Alzheimer Disease Lymphocytes and Its Relation to Premature Centromere Division.Neurodegener Dis. 2013;12(3):156-63. I
- Zivković L, Spremo-Potparević B, Plecas-Solarović B, Djelić N, Ocić G, Smiljković P, Siedlak SL, Smith MA, Bajić V. Premature centromere division of metaphase chromo-somes in peripheral blood lymphocytes of Alzheimer's disease patients: relation to gender and age. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010; 65(12):1269-74. IF 3.988
- Spremo-Potparević B, Zivković L, Djelić N, Plećas-Solarović B, Smith MA, Bajić V. Premature centromere division of the X chromosome in neurons in Alzheimer'sdisease. J Neurochem. 2008;106(5):2218-23.
- Zivković L, Spremo-Potparević B, Djelić N, Bajić V. (2006) Analysis of prematurecen-tromere division (PCD) of the chromosome 18 in peripheral blood lymphocytes in Alz-heimer disease patients. Mech Ageing Dev. 127(12):892-6.