Aleksandra Topić, PhD
Position: Full professor
Organizational unit: Department of Medical Biochemistry
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-283
Dr Topić has been employed at the Faculty of Pharmacy, since 1986, and she was elected as full professor, since 2010. She was in a unique employment at the Faculty of Pharmacy and the Central Laboratory of the Clinical Center of Serbia (1986-1994.).
She is a lecturer in several subjects in integrated and doctoral academic studies, and specialist studies, as a full professor at the Department of Medical Biochemistry. She was a mentor and a member of the committee for a large number of undergraduate theses, thesis in specialization, and one doctoral thesis at the Faculty of Pharmacy, member of the commission of one master's thesis at the Faculty of Medicine, and one doctoral thesis at the Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering in Belgrade. She was participating in the scientific projects funded by of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, since 1991.
Dr Topić has published 51 scientific articles (44 in international and 7 in national journals), and 75 presentations at scientific conferences. She is a reviewer of over 50 articles in journals from the SCI list. She is the author of four chapters in international monographs.
She was participating in various Commissions and expert bodies of the Faculty of Pharmacy: president of the Statutory Commission since 2018; member of the Commission for Specialist Studies since 2016; member of the accreditation commission 2007-2008. and 2017-2019; member of the Program Council for Continuing Education 2013-2019. She is a member of the Committee for Statutory Issues of the University of Belgrade, since 2010.
Research interest is the diagnostic significance of biomarkers in complex and inherited diseases.
- Milovanovic V, Topic A, Milinkovic N, Lazic Z, Ivosevic A, Radojkovic D, Divac Rankov A. Association of the methionine sulfoxide reductase A rs10903323 gene polymorphism with functional activity and oxidative modification of alpha-1-antitrypsin in COPD patients. Pulmonology, 2021, article in press. doi.10.1016/j.pulmoe.2021.09.003.
- Topic A, Francuski D, Nikolic A, Milosevic K, Jovicic S, Markovic B, Djukic M, Radojkovic D. The Role of Oxidative Stress in the Clinical Manifestations of Childhood Asthma. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2017;36(4):294-303. doi:10.1080/15513815.2017.1315199.
- Ljujic M, Mijatovic S, Bulatovic MZ, Mojic M, Maksimovic-Ivanic D, Radojkovic D, Topic A. Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Antagonizes Cisplatin-Induced Cytotoxicity in Prostate Cancer (PC3) and Melanoma Cancer (A375) Cell Lines. Pathol Oncol Res. 2017;23(2):335-343. doi:10.1007/s12253-016-0104-3.
- Malic Z, Topic A, Francuski D, Stankovic M, Nagorni-Obradovic L, Markovic B, Radojkovic D. Oxidative Stress and Genetic Variants of Xenobiotic-Metabolising Enzymes Associated with COPD Development and Severity in Serbian Adults. COPD. 2017;14(1):95-104. doi:10.1080/15412555.2016.1199667.
- Topic A, Nagorni-Obradovic L, Francuski D, Ljujic M, Malic Z, Radojkovic D. Oxidative Stress and Polymorphism of Xenobiotic-Metabolizing Enzymes in Two Patients with Severe Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency. Biochem Genet. 2016;54(5):746-752. doi:10.1007/s10528-016-9748-7.
- Topic A, Francuski D, Markovic B, Stankovic M, Dobrivojevic S, Drca S, Radojkovic D. Gender-related reference intervals of urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine determined by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry in Serbian population. Clin Biochem. 2013;46(4-5):321-326. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2012.12.008.
- Topic A, Ljujic M, Radojkovic D. Alpha-1-antitrypsin in pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepat Mon. 2012;12(10 HCC):e7042. doi:10.5812/hepatmon.7042.
- Topic A, Stankovic M, Divac-Rankov A, Petrovic-Stanojevic N, Mitic-Milikic M, Nagorni-Obradovic L, Radojkovic D. Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency in Serbian adults with lung diseases. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16(11):1282-1286. doi:10.1089/gtmb.2012.0152.
- Topic A, Ljujic M, Nikolic A, Petrovic-Stanojevic N, Dopudja-Pantic V, Mitic-Milikic M, Radojkovic D. Alpha-1-antitrypsin phenotypes and neutrophil elastase gene promoter polymorphisms in lung cancer. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17(1):75-80. doi:10.1007/s12253-010-9283-5
- Topic A, Spasojevic Kalimanovska V, Zeljkovic A, Vekic J, Jelic Ivanovic Z. Gender-related effect of apo E polymorphism on lipoprotein particle sizes in the middle-aged subjects. Clin Biochem. 2008;41(6):361-367. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2007.11.013.