Aleksandra Novaković, PhD
Dr Aleksandra Novaković is a full professor at the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade. She graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. She defended her master's thesis entitled "Comparative analysis of the anti-vasoconstrictor effect of potassium channel modulators on an isolated saphenous vein and internal thoracic artery" in 2001. at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade. She defended her specialist work in Pharmacotherapy in 2003. at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. She defended her doctoral thesis entitled "Analysis of the effect of resveratrol on isolated human and animal blood vessels" in 2005 at the Faculty of Medicine. She received the award for the best young masters from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Development in 2002. Award of the University of Belgrade for the best scientific-research and professional student work in 2018 (mentor A. Novaković).
Aleksandra Novaković participates in teaching for students, specialists and doctoral students of the Faculty of Pharmacy. Mentor and member of the Commission for the defense of graduate and specialist theses, as well as doctoral theses. He is a member of the Committee for Cardiovascular Pathology of SANU. She is involved in the work of the Program Council of the Center for Continuing Education of the Faculty of Pharmacy. He is a member of the European Society of Atherosclerosis, the Japanese Society of Pharmacologists, and the Pharmacological Society of Serbia. He is a reviewer of papers in international journals (British Journal of Pharmacology, Pharmacological Research ...).
She was the leader of 2 international projects (bilateral scientific and technological cooperation between the Republic of Serbia and the People's Republic of China) (2013-2015) entitled "Investigation of the effect and mechanism of action of various vasodilators on human bypass grafts", and (2018-2020) "Pharmacological tests Head of a national project: (2014-) entitled "Investigation of the effect and mechanism of action of various vasodilators on human bypass grafts" by the Faculty of Pharmacy, and a member (2008-) of the SANU project "Pathological morphology and morphological -clinical correlations in cardiovascular diseases "led by Academician Vladimir Kanjuh. So far she has given 9 invited lectures and had 7 oral presentations of papers at international and national congresses. Dr. Aleksandra Novaković is a cardiovascular farmer ology. So far, she has published 108 papers and announcements in this field.
- Marinko M, Jankovic G, Milojevic P, Stojanovic I, Nenezic D, Novakovic A. (-)-Epicatechin-induced relaxation of isolated human saphenous vein: Roles of K+ and Ca2+ channels. Phytother Res. 2018;32:267-275.
- Sun WT, Wang XC, Novakovic A, Wang J, He GW, Yang Q. Protection of dilator function of coronary arteries from homocysteine by tetramethylpyrazine: Role of ER stress in modulation of BKCa channels. Vascular Pharmacology 2019;113:27-37.
- Novakovic A, Marinko M, Jankovic G, Stojanovic I, Milojevic P, Nenezic D, Kanjuh V, Yang Q, He G-W. Endothelium-dependent vasorelaxant effect of procyanidin B2 on human internal mammary artery. European Journal of Pharmacology 2017;807:75-81.
- Novakovic A, Marinko M, Vranic A, Jankovic G, Milojevic P, Stojanovic I, Nenezic D, Ugresic N, Kanjuh V, Yang Q, He GW. Mechanisms underlying the vasorelaxation of human internal mammary artery induced by (-)-epicatechin. European Journal of Pharmacology 2015;762:306–312.
- Novakovic A, Pavlovic M, Milojevic P, Stojanovic I, Nenezic D, Jovic M, Ugresic N, Kanjuh V, Yang Q, He GW. Different potassium channels are involved in relaxation of rat renal artery induced by P1075. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology 2012;111(1):24-30.
- Novakovic A, Pavlovic M, Stojanovic I, Milojevic P, Babic M, Ristic S, Ugrešić N, Kanjuh V, Yang Q and He GW. Different K+ channels are involved in relaxation of arterial and venous graft induced by nicorandil. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 2011;58(6):602-608.
- Bukarica Gojkovic Lj, Novakovic A, Kanjuh V, Bumbasirevic M, Lesic A, and Heinle H. A Role of ion channels in the endothelium-independent relaxation of rat mesenteric artery induced by resveratrol. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 2008;108(1):124-130.
- Novakovic A, Bukarica Gojkovic Lj, Peric M, Nezic D, Djukanovic B, Lipkovski-Markovic J and Heinle H. The mechanism of endothelium-independent relaxation induced by the wine polyphenol resveratrol in human internal mammary artery. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 2006;101(1):85-90.
- Novakovic A, Bukarica Gojkovic Lj, Kanjuh V and Heinle H. Potassium channels mediated vasorelaxation of rat aorta induced by resveratrol. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology 2006;99(5):360-4.
- Novakovic A, Bukarica Gojkovic Lj, Beleslin-Cokic B, Zigon Japundzic N, Sajic Z, Nezic D, Peric M, Djukanovic B and Kazic T. Differential Antivasoconstrictor effects of levcromakalim and rilmakalim on the isolated human mammary artery and saphenous vein. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences (Formerly The Japanese Journal of Pharmacology) 2003;92(2):108-114.