Sandra Vezmar Kovačević, PhD
Position: full professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-347
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Sandra Vezmar Kovačević graduated in 1999 at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade.
After completing the obligatory internship at the Pharmacy „Belgrade“ she continued her work as an associate at the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology (1999-2000).
From 2000-2005 she performed PhD research in Clinical Pharmacy at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität, Bonn, Germany. From 2001-2005 she was a scholar of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), as well as a teaching assistant at the Department of Chemistry (Analytical chemistry 2001-2004) and at the Department of Cinical Pharmacy (Clinical Pharmacy 2004-2005).
Following her PhD dissertation she returned to Serbia and worked for the pharmaceutical company Hemofarm AD as an associate and afterwards manager in the field of marketing (2005-2007).
In 2007 she became a teaching assistant at the Department of pharmacokinetics and clinical pharmacy and in 2019 she became full-time professor. She teaches teorethical and practical classes in pharmacokinetics and clinical pharmacy in the undergraduate pharmacy programme. Moreover, she participates in teaching of several subjects in PG Dip programme in Pharmaceutical care and PhD programme in pharmacokinetics and clinical pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, as well as in the PG Dip programme in Pharmaceutical Medicine and PhD programme in Medical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade.
She is an author of Clinical pharmacy in theory and practice. In addition, she reviewed Pharmacokinetics and is a peer-reviewer for several national and international scientific journals.
She supervised 3 PhD thesis, published more than 40 papers in international peer-reviewed journals and more than 50 abstracts in national and international meetings.
She was involved in various postgraduate educations and seminars for pharmacists and pharmacy students.
She speaks english, german, italian and swedish.
Perić A, Udilović A, Dobrić S, Vezmar Kovačević S. The impact of treatment choices on potential drug-drug interactions in hypertensive patients. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2021 doi: 10.1111/bcp.15168.
- Milenković B, Šuljagić V., Perić A., Dragojević-Simić V., Tarabar O., Milanović M., Putić V., Tomić D., Miljković B., Vezmar Kovačević S. Outcomes of Clostridioides difficile infection in adult cancer and non-cancer patients hospitalised in a tertiary hospital: a prospective cohort study. Eur J Hosp Pharm. 2021, ejhpharm-2020-002574; DOI: 10.1136/ejhpharm-2020-002574
- Kovačević M, Ćulafić M, Vezmar Kovačević S, Borjanić S, Keleč B, Miljković B, Amidžić R. Telepharmacy service experience during the COVID-19 pandemic in the Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Health Soc Care Community. 2021;10.1111/hsc.13590. doi: 10.1111/hsc.13590.
- Perić A,Vezmar Kovačević S, Barać A, Perić A.V. Vojvodić D. Effects of Pelargonium sidoides extract vs roxithromycin on chemokine levels in nasal secretions of patients with uncomplicated acute rhinosinusitis. Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol. 2020;6(1):25-33.
- Culafic M, Vezmar Kovacevic S, Dopsaj V, Stulic M, Vlaisavljevic Z, Miljkovic B, Culafic D. A Simple Index for Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis-HUFA-Based on Routinely Performed Blood Tests. Medicina (Kaunas). 2019 Jun 3;55(6):243. doi: 10.3390/medicina55060243
- Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Vučićević K, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović J, de Gier JJ. Elderly polypharmacy patients' needs and concerns regarding medication assessed using the structured patient-pharmacist consultation model. Patient Educ Couns 2017;100(9):1714-1719.
- Vezmar Kovačević S, Simišić M, Stojkov Rudinski S, Ćulafić M, Vučićević K, Prostran M, Miljković B. Potentially inappropriate prescribing in older primary care patients. PLoS One 2014;9(4):e95536.
- Odalovic M, Vezmar Kovacevic S, Nordeng H, Ilic K, Sabo A, Tasic L. Predictors of the use of medications before and during pregnancy. Int J Clin Pharm. 2013;35(3):408-16.
- Vezmar S, Schuesseler P, Becker A, Bode U, Jaehde U. Methotrexate-associated alterations of the folate and methyl-transfer pathway in the CSF of ALL patients with and without symptoms of neurotoxicity. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2009; 52: 26-32.
- Vezmar S, Becker A, Bode U, Jaehde U. Biochemical and clinical aspects of methotrexate neurotoxicity, Chemotherapy 2003; 49: 92-104.