Ana Protić, PhD
Position: assitant professor
Organizational unit: Department of Analytical Chemistry
Phone: +381 1139 51 334
Fax: +381 1139 72 840
Ana Protić graduated at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Pharmacy in 2004, defended PhD thesis in 2011, and obtained health specialization degree in Drug Quality Control in 2019.
Participates in the realization of practical and theoretical classes at all courses within the Department of Drug Analysis. She was a mentor of one presented PhD thesis, one presented specialist thesis in Drug Quality Control, and numerous final exams at the integrated academic studies. She is actively involved in the realization of the students’ research activities within Center for Scientific Research of Students.
She has participated in several national projects financed by the Ministry of Science, Education and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia. As the principal investigator, she was enrolled in the bilateral project "Chemometrically supported study of Charged Aerosol Detector" that Faculty of Pharmacy had with the University of Würzburg (2020-2021). Actively participates in the project "Effective teaching for student engagement & success in digital learning environment – StudES" University of Belgrade (2021-2023). She is a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Archives of Pharmacy.
The main scientific interest is oriented towards LC modified systems. This approach enables the reduction of the amount of toxic organic solvents used per analysis. In this way, the LC methods used for drug analysis become more eco-friendly. The research is greatly supported by the application of in-silico methods, allowing valid conclusions to be established without prolonged experimentation. More recently, scientific interest includes exploring the possibility of using environmentally friendly solvents in LC methods, such as ethanol and acetone. To achieve this goal, the use of Corona Charged Aerosol Detectors (CAD) has been proposed.
She published 40 research papers in international journals from the SCI list, of which 21 papers are in category M21 and 19 papers in category M23, as well as 9 papers in the leading national journal Archives of Pharmacy.She has been cited 260 times without autocitations, her h-index is 10. She gave three invited lectures at the international conferences.
- Milenković, M., Rašević M., Otašević B., Zečević M., Malenović A., Protić A. Generic Approach in a Gradient Elution HPLC Method Development that enables troubleshooting free method transfer. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal.207 (2021) 114367.
- Pawellek, R., Krmar, J., Leistner, A., Djajić, N., Otašević, B., Protić, A., Holzgrabe, U. Charged Aerosol Detector response modeling for fatty acids based on experimental settings and molecular features: a machine learning approach, J. Cheminformatics, (2021) 13:53.
- Djajić, N., Petković, M., Zečević, M., Otašević, B., Malenović, A., Holzgrabe, U., Protić, A. A comprehensive study on retention of selected model substances in β-cyclodextrin-modified high performance liquid chromatography, J. Chromatogr. A, 1645 (2021) 462120.
- Djajić, N., Otašević, B., Malenović, A., Zečević, M., Holzgrabe, U., Protić, A. Corona Charged Aerosol Detector in studying retention and β-cyclodextrin complex stability using RP-HPLC. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal.193 (2020) 113711.
- Maljurić, N., Otašević, B., Golubović, J., Krmar, J., Zečević, M., Protić, A. A new strategy for development of eco-friendly RP-HPLC method using Corona Charged Aerosol Detector and its application for simultaneous analysis of risperidone and its related impurities. Microchemic. J. 153 (2020) 104394.
- Maljurić, N., Otašević, B., Malenović, A., Zečević, M., Protić, A. Quantitative structure retention relationship modeling as potential tool in chromatographic determination of stability constants and thermodynamic parameters of β-cyclodextrin complexation process, J. Chromatogr. A. 1619 (2020) 460971
- Schilling, K., Krmar, J., Maljurić, N., Pawellek, R., Protić, A., Holzgrabe, U. Quantitative Structure – Property Relationship modeling of polar analytes lacking UV chromophores to Charged Aerosol Detector Response, Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 411 (2019) 2945-2959.
- Maljurić, N., Golubović, J., Otašević, B., Zečević, M., Protić, A. Quantitative structure –retention relationship modeling of selected antipsychotics and their impurities in green liquid chromatography using cyclodextrin mobile phases. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 410 (2018) 2533–2550.
- Šljivić, J., Protić, A., Malenović, A., Otašević, B., Zečević, M. Simple and Efficient Solution for Robustness Testing in Gradient Elution Liquid Chromatographic Methods. Chromatogr. 81 (2018) 1135–1145.
- Šljivić, J., Protić, A., Otašević, B., Golubović, J., Zečević, M., Krmar, J. Multicriteria Optimization Methodology in Stability-Indicating Method Development of Cilazapril and Hydrochlorothiazide. J. Chromatogr. Sci. 55(6) (2017) 625-637.