Katarina Vučićević, PhD
Position: assistant professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-373
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Dr sc. Katarina Vučićević, born in 1977, graduated in 2002 at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade. Her PhD thesis in the field of pharmacokinetics entitled Population Pharmacokinetic Approach in Examining Factors of Variability of Carbamazepine and Valproic Acid in Patients with Epilepsy was defended in 2010 at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, mentor prof. Branislava Miljković. Katarina finished postgraduate academic specialization Pharmaceutical Care in 2008, and in 2013 she enrolled in medical specialization Clinical Pharmacy at Faculty of Pharmacy, Belgrade. Based on the outstanding academic results during the undergraduate studies, she received the award in 2000. She was a holder of a scholarship from the Ministry of Science, Republic of Serbia, as a young researcher in 2003, and in 2008 she was awarded for her scientific research among postgraduate students at the Faculty of Pharmacy.
In 2006, the scholarship from the CMEPIUS (Centre of the Republic of Slovenia for Mobility and European Programmes for Education and Training) and the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia enabled 3 months research-visit at the Chair of Biopharmaceuticals and Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. In May 2010, she attended a course Clinical Trial Safety organized by International Society of Pharmacovigilance. She completed a short training course Modeling in Population Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic using ADAPT5 Software in September 2011 in Leipzig, Germany, organized by the University of Southern California Biomedical Simulations Resource. Within the European project TEMPUS PQPharm, she visited University College, London for the education and trainings in clinical pharmacy during 2010-2013. In September 2013. she finished the course Absorption: Predicting oral drug bioavailability and its’ inter‐individual variability: Interplay between formulation, drug permeability and metabolism using the Simcyp Advanced Dissolution, Absorption and Metabolism (ADAM) model in Athens, Greece, organized by Simcyp, Certara.
From October 2003 she is employed at Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy at the beginning as an associate, then as a teaching assistant, and from April 2012 as an assistant professor. She participates in the preparation and implementation of undergraduate theoretical and practical classes in the subjects: Pharmacokinetics, Selected Chapters in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy on the undergraduate program and integrated studies at the Faculty of Pharmacy. She was a supervisor for the preparation and an examiner of the defense of a number of diploma exams. She was a lecturer or moderator in extracurricular student activities within the projects Twin Slovenia-Serbia, Pharmacotherapy Approach, and mentor of students’ research projects in the field of pharmacokinetics. Additionally, she teaches classes of academic specializations: Pharmaceutical Care, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade. Moreover, she gives lectures in PhD studies at the Faculty of Pharmacy (module Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy) and Faculty of Medicine (module Medical Pharmacology). She was a lecturer and moderator at more than 7 courses of continuing education for pharmacists and physicians.
From April 2003 she is involved in the project of the Ministry of Science of Serbia Experimental and clinical pharmacological research into the mechanism of action and drug interactions in the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Her scientific research interest is manifested in the following areas: modeling and simulation of pharmacokinetic data, population analysis, clinical pharmacokinetics of antiepileptic drugs, and drug-drug interactions. She has published a total of 64 papers and abstracts.
Languages: English, Russian, Greek
- Jovanović M, Sokić D, Grabnar I, Vovk T, Prostran M, Vučićević K, Miljković B. Population pharmacokinetics of topiramate in adult patients with epilepsy using nonlinear mixed-effects modelling. Eur J Pharm Sci 2013; 50: 282-9.
- Ležaić V, Petković N, Marić I, Miljković B, Vučićević K, Simić-Ogrizović S, Pejović V, Djukanović Lj. The pharmacokinetics of recombinant human erythropoietin in Balkan endemic nephropathy patients. Nefrologia 2013; 33: 478-85.
- Vučićević K, Miljković B, Vezmar Kovačević S, Todorović Z, Prostran M. Clinical Pharmacokinetic Characteristics of Novel Antiepileptic Drugs. In: Seizures and Antiepileptic Drugs. Editors: Willard Hosten and Aleph Burtsev. Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2012. p. 83-98.
- Brzaković B, Vezmar Kovačević S, Vučićević K, Miljković B, Martinović Ž, Pokrajac M, Prostran M. Impact of age, weight, and concomitant treatment on lamotrigine pharmacokinetics. J Clin Pharm Ther 2012; 37: 693-7.
- Kocić I, Homšek I, Dačević M, Grbić S, Parojčić J, Vučićević K, Prostran M, Miljković B. A Case Study on the In Silico Absorption Simulations of Levothyroxine Sodium Immediate-Release Tablets. Biopharm Drug Dispos 2012; 33(3):146-59.
- Vučićević K, Miljković B, Vezmar Kovačević S, Todorović Z, Prostran M, Grabnar I. Population Pharmacokinetic Analysis of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Data in Optimizing Pharmacotherapy of Antiepileptic Drugs. In: Novel treatment of epilepsy. Edited by Humberto Foyaca-Sibat. 2011. pages: 95-110. Published by InTech Rijeka, Croatia.
- Vučićević K, Miljković B, Rakonjac Z, Janković B, Prostran M. Određivanje serumske koncentracije aminoglikozidnih antibiotika u cilju individualizacije terapije kod novorođenčadi. u Zdravković D, urednik. Problemi u pedijatriji 2011. Zavod za udžbenike, Beograd, 2012; 32:73-88.
- Miljković B, Vučićević K. Studije biološke ekvivalentnosti. Pharmaca Serbica 2011; 3: 3-10.
- Vučićević K, Miljković B, Pokrajac M, Prostran M, Martinović Ž, Grabnar I. The influence of drug-drug interaction and patients’ characteristics on valproic acid's clearance in adults with epilepsy using nonlinear mixed effects modeling. Eur J Pharm Sci 2009; 38: 512-8.
- Vučićević K, Miljković B, Veličković R, Pokrajac M, Mrhar A, Grabnar I. Population pharmacokinetic model of carbamazepine derived from routine therapeutic drug monitoring data. Ther Drug Monit 2007; 29: 781-8.