Danina Krajišnik, PhD
Position: Full Professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-359
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Danina Krajišnik graduated from the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy in 1998. She obtained the titles of Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2003), Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2011) and Specialist (2017) in the field of pharmaceutical technology at the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy. From 1999 until today, she has been employed at the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy, as: Assistant Trainee (1999-2003), Assistant (2004-2012), Assistant Professor (2012-2017) and Associate Professor (since 2017) for the scientific field of Pharmaceutical Technology at the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology. She is teaching theoretical and/or practical classes within subjects in integrated academic studies - Pharmacy, doctoral studies, specialist academic studies and specialist studies for the needs of health professionals and associates. He is a co-author of teaching literature in the field of pharmaceutical technology and cosmetology. Areas of her scientific research are related to: formulation and characterization of emulsion systems stabilized with polymer emulsifiers, semi-solid preparations for skin application, cosmetic products (emulsions and gels for various purposes), formulation and characterization of ophthalmic preparations with mucoadhesive properties, rheological characterization of dispersion systems, investigation of natural and modified materials of mineral origin (zeolite and clay), as potential pharmaceutical excipients as well as their use in biomedicine, development of antiseptics and disinfectants for skin. She reviews scientific and professional papers in international and national journals: Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, Applied Clay Science, Acta Periodica Technologica, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Environmental Geochemistry and Health, Materials Science & Engineering C, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Separation Science and Technology, Journal of Serbian Chemical Society, Archives of Pharmacy. She is the author or co-author of over 60 publications that include scientific, professional papers and book chapters, as well as over 100 papers presented at conferences in the country and abroad.
- Račić A, Čalija B, Milić J, Jurišić Dukovski B, Lovrić J, Dobričić V, Micov A, Vuković M, Stepanović-Petrović R, Krajišnik D. Formulation of olopatadine hydrochloride viscous eye drops–physicochemical, biopharmaceutical and efficacy assessment using in vitro and in vivo approaches. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 166 (2021) 105906.
- Jauković V, Krajišnik D, Daković A, Damjanović A, Krstić J, Stojanović J, Čalija B. Influence of selective acid-etching on functionality of halloysite-chitosan nanocontainers for sustained drug release. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2021; 123: 112029.
- Lemoine C, Thakur A, Krajišnik D, Guyon R, Longet S, Razim A, Górska S, Pantelić I, Ilić T, Nikolić I, Lavelle EC, Gamian A, Savić S, Milicic A. Technological Approaches for Improving Vaccination Compliance and Coverage. Vaccines, 2020: 8(2):304.
- Čalija B, Milić J, Milašinović N, Daković A, Trifković K, Stojanović J, Krajišnik D. Functionality of chitosan‐halloysite nanocomposite films for sustained delivery of antibiotics: The effect of chitosan molar mass. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2020; 137(8): 48406.
- Krajišnik D, Čalija B, Milić J. Aluminosilicate-based composites functionalized with cationic materials: possibilities for drug delivery applications, in: Grumezescu, V., Grumezescu, A.M., (Eds), Materials for Biomedical Engineering: Inorganic Micro- and Nanostructures. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2019; 285-327.
- Janićijević J, Milić J, Čalija B, Micov A, Stepanović-Petrović R, Tomić M, Daković A, Dobrićić V, Nedić Vasiljević B, Krajišnik D. Potentiation of ibuprofen antihyperalgesic effect using inorganically functionalized diatomite. Journal of Material Chemistry B, 2018; 6: 5812-5822.
- Marković M, Daković A, Rottinghaus EG, Kragović M, Petković A, Milić J, Krajišnik D, Mercurio M, de Gennaro B. Adsorption of the mycotoxin zearalenone by clinoptilolite and phillipsite zeolites treated with cetylpyridinium surfactant. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017; 151: 324-32 (IF 3,887 (2016))*
- Korać R, Krajišnik D, Milić Jela. Sensory and instrumental characterization of fast inverting oil-in water emulsions for cosmetic application. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 2016: 38: 246-256.
- Krajišnik D, Daković A, Malenović A, Djekić Lj, Kragović M, Dobričić V, Milić J. An investigation of diclofenac sodium release from cetylpyridinium chloride-modified natural zeolite as a pharmaceutical excipient. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 2013; 167: 94-101.
- Krajišnik D, Daković A, Milojević M, Malenović A, Kragović M, Bajuk Bogdanović D, Dondur V, Milić J. Properties of diclofenac sodium sorption onto natural zeolite modified with cetylpyridinium chloride. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2011; 83 (1): 165-172.