Ivana Aleksić, PhD
Position: Associate Professor
Organizational unit: Depatment of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology
Telefon:+381 11 3951-366
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Ivana Aleksić (maiden name Mašić) graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy – University of Belgrade in 2007, where she also obtained her PhD in 2013 (PhD thesis entitled: ”The influence of formulation factors and process parameters on the characteristics of granulates obtained by melt granulation in fluid bed apparatus”) and specialist degree in Industrial Pharmacy (2016).
In 2010, she was granted a scholarship for an exchange PhD – 6 months mobility period at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, in the framework of the Basileus Project (funded by the European Commission).
Since October 2007 she has been employed at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Pharmacy as: teaching associate (2007–2009), teaching assistant (2009–2016), and assistant professor (from 2016 - to date) at the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology. She is involved in the teaching activities in integrated academic studies (courses: Pharmaceutical Technology 3, Industrial Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicines), specialist academic studies in Industrial Pharmacy and Release of Medicinal Products on the Market, doctoral academic studies.
She has been involved in two national projects of technological development funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia and five international projects (bilateral project with Slovenia, Tempus project, Lifelong Learning Programme of the EU, CEEPUS Network, project supported by the FDA).
Research interest: liquisolid systems, co-processed excipients, melt granulation, hot melt coating, preparation and characterization of granules and pellets, agglomeration mechanisms, optimization of fluidized bed processes, formulation development and biopharmaceutical characterization of solid dosage forms.
- Ćirin-Varađan S, Đuriš J, Mirković M, Ivanović M, Parojčić J, Aleksić I. Comparative evaluation of mechanical properties of lactose-based excipients co-processed with lipophilic glycerides as meltable binders. J Drug Deliv Sci Tec 2021 (in press), doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2021.102981, IF: 3,981
Djuriš J, Ćirin-Varadjan S, Aleksić I, Djuriš M, Cvijić S, Ibrić S. Application of machine-learning algorithms for better understanding of tableting properties of lactose co-processed with lipid excipients. Pharmaceutics 2021; 13: 663. doi: 10.3390/pharmaceutics13050663, IF: 6,321
- Vasiljević I, Turković E, Nenadović S, Mirković M, Zimmer A, Parojčić J, Aleksić I. Investigation into liquisolid system processability based on the SeDeM Expert System approach. Int J Pharm 2021; 605: 120847. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2021.120847, IF: 5,875
- Aleksić I, German Ilić I, Cvijić S, Parojčić J. An investigation into the influence of process parameters and formulation variables on compaction properties of liquisolid systems. AAPS PharmSciTech 2020; 21: 242. doi: 10.1208/s12249-020-01781-2, IF: 3,246
- Milanović A, Aleksić I, Ibrić S, Parojčić J, Cvijić S. Tableting of hot-melt coated paracetamol granules: Material tableting properties and quality characteristics of the obtained tablets. Eur J Pharm Sci 2020; 142: 105121. doi: 10.1016/j.ejps.2019.105121, IF: 4,517
- Milanović A, Aleksić I, Ibrić S, Parojčić J, Cvijić S. Hot-melt coating with Precirol ATO 5 in a fluidized-bed apparatus: Application of experimental design in the optimization of process parameters. J Drug Deliv Sci Tec 2018; 46: 274-284. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2018.05.030, IF: 2,606
- Cvijić S, Aleksić I, Ibrić S, Parojčić J. Assessing the risk of alcohol-induced dose dumping from sustained-release oral dosage forms: in vitro–in silico approach. Pharm Dev Technol 2018; 23(9): 921-932. doi: 10.1080/10837450.2017.1392973, IF: 2,347
- Drašković M, Medarević Đ, Aleksić I, Parojčić J. In vitro and in vivo investigation of taste-masking effectiveness of Eudragit® E PO as drug particle coating agent in orally disintegrating tablets. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 2017: 43(5): 723-731. doi: 10.1080/03639045.2016.1220572, IF: 2,429
- Aleksić I, Đuriš J, Ibrić S, Parojčić J. An investigation into the usefulness of different empirical modeling techniques for better control of spray-on fluidized bed melt granulation. Int J Pharm 2015; 496(2): 627-635. DOI: 10.1016/ j.ijpharm.2015.11.001, IF: 3,994
- Aleksić I, Djuriš J, Ilić I, Ibrić S, Parojčić J, Srčič S. In silico modeling of in situ fluidized bed melt granulation. Int J Pharm. 2014; 466(1-2): 21-30; DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.02.045, IF: 3,785.