Vesna Kuntić, PhD
Organizational unit: Department of Phyisical Chemistry and Instrumental Methods
Addsress: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-287
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Dr. Vesna Kuntić graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Belgrade in 1987. After defending her Master’s Thesis at the Faculty of Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade in 1994, Dr. Kuntić defended a PhD dissertation at the same faculty in 2000. She completed her postdoctoral studies in biochemistry and molecular medicine at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005.
Dr. Kuntić has been employed at the Faculty of Pharmacy since 1989; initially as the Assistant and then as a Full Professor (2011). She teaches physical chemistry and instrumental methods to students at the undergraduate level, and instrumental methods to postgraduate students. She was a mentor for over 50 graduation theses and a member of the Examination Board for over 80 graduation theses. She wrote a textbook titled Selected Instrumental Methods in Medical Biochemistry for the students of Pharmacy and she was a co-author of a Lab Practicum and a Workbook. Equipment Catalogue was created and prepared under her leadership. She wrote the Prospectus for Students, published in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
Dr. Kuntić has participated in eight national scientific projects and one foreign project so far. In 2004 she won an award by the Ministries of Science and Environment Protection of Serbia as a successful researcher in the field of Chemistry. She was a member of the Scientific Board of Scientific Review in Pharmacy, a foreign periodical. She has reviewed a great number of scientific articles. She published more then 100 items; 45 articles in the international and 10 in the national journals. She has a special interest in complex compounds of flavonoids with metal ions. The review article relating to this topic: Malešev D, Kuntić V., “Investigation of metal-flavonoid chelates and the determination of flavonoids via metal-flavonoid complexing reactions“, J.Serb.Chem.Soc. 72(10), 921-939, 2007; was the most cited article in this journal for a five year period. According to SCOPUS database, she was cited 350 times, H=11.
From 2007 to 2012, she was the Vice-Dean for Education at the Faculty of Pharmacy. Since 2008, she has served as a Member of the Committee for the Quality Assurance at the Faculty of Pharmacy and became the President of the same Committee in 2013. She was a member of the Committee for Accreditation in 2008 and 2013. Regarding her other engagements at the University, she was a member of several University boards and work groups. In addition, Dr. Kuntić organized a continual education course titled: Radioactivity and Safeguards in Case of a Radioactive Accident in 2011. <
- Vesna Kuntić, Miroslava Stanković, Zorica Vujić, Jasmina Brborić, Snežana Uskoković-Marković. Radioprotectors- the Evergreen Topic. Chem. Biodiversity 10(10):1791-1803.
- Igor Bazov, Olga Kononenko, Hiroyuki Watanabe, Vesna Kuntić, Danil Sarkisyan, et al. The endogenous opioid system in human alcoholics: molecular adaptations in brain areas involved in cognitive control of addiction. Addict Biol. 18(1):161-9, 2013.
- Vesna Kuntić, Nataša Pejić, and Svetlana Mićić. Direct Spectrophotometric Determination of Hesperidin in Pharmaceutical Preparations. Acta Chim. Slov. 59, 436-441, 2012.
- Vesna Kuntić, Ivana Filipović, Zorica Vujić. Effects of Rutin and Hesperidin and Their Al(III) and Cu(II) Complexes on In Vitro plasma coagulation assays.Molecules, 16(2), 1378-1388, 2011.
- Malešev D, Kuntić V. Investigation of metal-flavonoid chelates and the determination of flavonoids via metal-flavonoid complexing reactions, J. Serb.Chem.Soc. 72(10):921-939, 2007.
- Kuntić V, Pejić N, Ivković B, Vujić Z, Ilić K, Mićić S, Vukojević V. Isocratic RP-HPLC method for rutin determination in solid oral dosage forms, Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 43:718-721, 2007.
- Kuntić,V Stanojević M,Holclajtner-Antunović I,Uskoković-Marković S, Mioč U, Todorović M, Jovanović Т, Vukojević V. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Aminoacid Substituted Heteropoly Tungstophosphate acid. Monatsh. Chem. 137:803-810, 2006.
- V.Kuntić, N.Pejić, S.Mićić, D.Malešev, Z.Vujić. Determination of dissociation constants of quercetin. Pharmazie, 58(6), 439-440, 2003.
- V.Kuntić, D.Malešev, Z.Radović and V.Vukojević. Spectrophotometric investigation of complexing reaction between rutin and titanyloxalate anion in 50% ethanol. Monaths.Chem. 131(7), 769-778, 2000.
- Vesna S. Kuntić, Dušan L. Malešev, Zorica V. Radović, Mara M.Kosanić, Ubavka B. Mioč and Vladana B. Vukojević. Spectrophotometric Investigation of Uranil(II)-Rutin Complex in 70% ethanol. J.Agric. Food Chem. 46, 5139-5142, 1998.